Section 5.14 Building Output in CoCalc
has all the tools you need to author with PreTeXt. You will need an upgrade from a subscription to allow Internet connectivity, but at a minimum a colleague with a paid plan can spare you one, they are plentiful and meant to be shared.
- Text editor: reasonably good, partially XML syntax-aware. It is also now possible to start a virtual VS Code session and use their powerful text editing capabilities.
git: installed (so you can clone/pull PreTeXt).
jing: installed, so you can do RELAX-NG validation.
- LaTeX: installed with many additional packages.
- Python: installed, necessary for
pretext: the CLI should be installed by default, although the version might lag. Assuming you have a paid subscription, you should be able to upgrade with
pip install --upgrade pretext
- PDF viewer: handed off to your browser.
- HTML viewer: get a context menu on the cloud icon in the file view, and open in a new tab or new window.
pretext view webwill allow you to view output through a python server.